[78-L] Why dl isn't the only one buying his CDRs in the US

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 5 12:02:41 PST 2010

I've been in Maijer's (Sterling Heights area, if that's the one, north of 13
Mile Rd as I recall)..it's about 10 blocks long. Not the place to if all you
want is one 6-ounce yogurt at midnight. By the way, last year I went into
Maijer's in Kalamazoo and it looked as if the place was going out of business.

I've favored Sony CDs for years and often found them for $15 a spindle at
Staples in Rochester and Syracuse. Unfortunately they don't have a single
location in or near Buffalo or Niagara Falls..I presume because those would be
too close to Canadian stores in St. Catharines.

Ridata is very reliable, by the way. I used to find them at good prices in
electronics stores on Kennedy Rd. in Toronto but they phased them out.

On the other hand, I have an old cordless phone that needed a new battery and I
thought I'd try Radio Shack in Buffalo. They managed to find a number for what
I needed and an excellent price, $9, but couldn't figure a way to order it for
me and ship it to one of their stores (free) or to my US mailbox ($6). Radio
Shack in Canada is "The Source" and I found the battery there yesterday. $21.99
but ohne rumficken.

dl