[78-L] Silence (no 78 hiss) on CD issues

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 5 09:35:29 PST 2010

This applies to films as well, by the way..I've watched many classic films
where the soundtracks were unlistenable because some 19-year-old cranked up the
noise removal processes to 11 and walked away. The other night we watched Pinky
on TCM and we kept hearing thumping and banging noises. Nobody was operating a
pile driver outside, the burglars downstairs had all gone to sleep..this was
artifacts on the soundtrack (which also sounded like a poor telephone line).

dl