[78-L] Silence (no 78 hiss) on CD issues

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 5 09:31:07 PST 2010

CEDAR now has a de-hiss program that is wonderful (I've heard it), but is
designed primarily to remove TAPE hiss, which is a real problem with analog
masters from 1948 onwards. And I remember an early de-hiss version that removed
the tenor voice from a Mills Brothers master I was working on, so I politely
requested that it not be used (as politely as is possible, for me).

dl