[78-L] Silence (no 78 hiss) on CD issues

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:00:34 PST 2010

Not for me. The musicians didn't hear the hiss when they recorded the
music, neither did the engineer. I believe that the best Xfer results
are that which most closely approximates what the *performers* heard in
the studio. Nothing added, nothing removed.

Typically this means some noise, and I can live with it, even quite a
bit, if the music justifies it. If there is no noise, that's fine with
me too as long as the recorded sound is not compromised in the doing.

joe salerno