[78-L] FW: UNIQUE BIX BEIDERBECKE 1927 OKEH METAL MOTHER!

Scott scott at mosaicrecords.com
Fri Feb 5 06:38:56 PST 2010

My earlier message somehow was missing the first sentence, so in case it
seemed a bit cryptic, here it is again.

"From my experience of plowing through hundreds of metals, lacquers and test
pressings via Sony (Col) and BMG (Vic), the Columbia parts (along with
Voc/Br/OK - not much in the way of other ARC labels) have a negative and
positive. Sometimes you will find two of each...not all the time, but
sometimes. And then it's a real shot in the dark what shape these are in. As
for Victor (and Bluebird) the metals are almost always in great shape with a
vast majority of vinyl tests that were made from the 40s on up to the late
60s.

Thanks a bunch.
Scott Wenzel
Mosaic Records