[78-L] Books and Prices

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Feb 4 14:55:39 PST 2010

Recently on the List, I mentioned the Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall Jazz
Concert book by Jon Hancock. The price from Fred Cohen’s Jazz Record
Center in New York City is $39.95. The price from Amazon.com starts at
just under $200 and goes up to $500.

Every so often, I check out Half Price Books in my city. Today, I
bought a new copy of New Orleans 1960 by William Claxton and Joachim
Berendt, published by Taschen. Price: $3.98. Many other art and
photography books are as low as that, and most no higher than $19.98
for something with an originally high cover price. They also carry
jazz, blues, folk, and pop CDs at cut prices.