[78-L] Dale Evans

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 06:05:02 PST 2010

Julian Vain says: I recall a TV documentary, a few years back, on a
disgraced evangelist
(can't remember which one), where they showed some footage of him
preaching to his congregation. And who did I spy in the audience? Roy
Rogers!

There are so many disgraced evangelists here in the States how can one
keep track? When I was at UCLA in the 1950s, I happened to be watching
a television evangelist one Sunday morning to see what I might learn
about getting rich or getting a Cadillac when lo and behold who should
walk out on stage in front of the cameras but a uniformed sheriff  who
served the evangelist  with papers. And who says television is all bad?
Geoffrey Wheeler