[78-L] Dale Evans

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Tue Feb 2 20:53:02 PST 2010

DL says: “’Dale Evans is on a whole whack of MacGregor Transcriptions.
Okay, 10 (per
Charles Garrod's listings), made between 1944 and 1948. She also
recorded solo
for Majestic.

I only noted the particular Dale Evans MacGregor transcription disc I
have seen. We didn’t play it because we were more interested in Harry
“The Hipster” Gibson on Jubilee transcriptions and Dodo Marmarosa on
broadcast recordings from Ted Yerxa Lamplighter jam sessions (not
enough to fill a CD, and I won’t hold my breath before they see the
light of day). The Dale Evans Majestic recordings were reissued on
10-inch Allegro 4116 Dale Evans Sings, which is part of the 4000
“Sings” and “Plays” series issued between 1954 and 1956.
Geoffrey Wheeler