[78-L] 1948 French Decca label 78 - Edith Piaf

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Tue Feb 2 07:43:12 PST 2010

The Compo 240000 series is Frencher than the French.
French Deccas state "The Supreme Record" or nothing.

Did Compo also have the small pictures on some labels?
I have never seen such issues.

Interesting (odd?) that Canadian Decca also issued records by the
Belgian Fud Candrix swing band.
Also Hazel Scott in Paris 20 Nov 1951 (of which the orig issues in the French
De MF series have pictures), while she had not recorded in the US for 4 years.

Han Enderman
===

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
French Deccas did indeed have leetle peectures of the stars at the top of their
labels in the late 40s, on personality recordings. Compo had a long line of
Canadian issues of French personalities on "Decca Disque Supreme", including
Piaf's (I don't know if they issued the twelve-incher but they definitely had a
few ten-inchers by her). Nice master pressings, too.

dl
<<<