[78-L] Looking to identify/locate female singer

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 30 15:39:11 PST 2010

I've looked in English Columbia catalogues from 1954 and 1957 and the only
"Goodbye" songs are one from White Horse Inn, sung by Richard Tauber, and the
one played by Benny Goodman. Not even Tosti's Addio (Goodbye..Forever) which is
the one sung by Ponselle (Victor Red Seal).

As far as I know, English Columbia had a green label only from the mid 50s on,
for its pop series, unless this is a really ancient recording on the label
which World Records revived in the 70s.

dl