[78-L] columbia classical

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jan 28 17:35:06 PST 2010

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Either Hall or Irving Kolodin also predicted the LP but thought
> it would be on 16-inch discs (can't find the reference right now).

If you find the reference, let us know.  I have all their books but not
here.  While you are looking thru Hall's 1950 book Records, note that he
did not thing too highly of the LP at that point.  Also note that he
does not mention his obvious conflict of interest in being the classical
music director of Mercury Records at that point.  The Olympian Series
Living Presence was a year or so still in the future.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com