[78-L] Lee Wiley/Liberty Music Shop

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jan 28 17:25:31 PST 2010

Interesting.  I'd like to see that scan and so would my daughter who is
a big Kitty Carlisle fan.  She even bought an autographed photo of her
the Met Opera Shop was selling a few years ago.  Anybody know if the
record was part of an album, and if it has ever been reissued.  And how
many times have you ever run across a record this early copyrighted by
the performer?!!!  Is it the label or the recording or the songs being
copyrighted.  We should look this up in the copyright files.  For those
who have never seen the Lee Wiley records, they are all 10-inchers.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>

> I have a label image of Music Box 5-A by Kitty Carlisle, singing
> 4 songs. Orch cond. by Jesse Smith. It has a very different label.
> Along upper rim, like a label name, is DANCE-SING RECORD.
> Below center hole: "Music Box / release by / Rabsons'
> / 111 West 52nd ST / New York City".
> At lower rim: Copyright 1940 by Kitty Carlisle - Trade Mark Pending.
> Reported as 12".   Han Enderman
===