[78-L] Speaking of vintage TV, was Re: Autographs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jan 28 08:47:24 PST 2010

These were all aired on PBS in the 90s and I recorded them then. Some
were available on VHS.  The intros were great if they have included
them, but unfortunately they removed the commercials and some of the
openings and closings.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel@mbiel.com

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, but this gives me the opportunity to
rave
about this:
http://www.criterion.com/films/3560

Fabulous stuff from Playhouse 90, Studio One etc. All taken from grainy
scratchy kinescopes. Deal with it. "The Comedian" will leave you with
your jaw
on the floor as you realize that it was done LIVE (except for obvious
crowd
scenes in the montage).