[78-L] A few questions from a recent collecting trip

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Wed Jan 27 18:17:19 PST 2010

First, a "what is this label" inquiry.  Anybody know anything about a label
called Acapulco out of Los Angeles?  I have the Trio Zacatecas on Acapulco
402. The label is graphically interesting, and I haven't seen an example on
the usual label websites.

I got an odd mix of records in this latest collecting expedition, including
two 12-inch James P. Johnsons on Asch, an electric Okeh of Kalama's Quartet,
and Red River Dave doing "Amelia Erhart's Last Flight" on Continental 3021.
Is this his first recording of the song?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Gregg