[78-L] More on Shaw

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Jan 25 06:49:17 PST 2010

Taylor Bowie says: “This is the first I've heard about any secretarial
or other illegit Goodman
autographs...in my years in the rare book trade, I've handled many,
including ones I bought from Russ Connor,  and have never found one
which
was no good.”

Glad to have your informed opinion on this. I’ve worked with people
where the secretary routinely signed the boss’s signature, but I was
skeptical about Russ Connor signing Goodman’s name. It isn’t as though
he was in the office every day. Having only one example of Goodman’s
signature, I can only report what I was told without knowing the truth
or otherwise of his statements.
Geoffrey Wheeler