[78-L] Musicraft labels (was: Al Duffy)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 24 05:43:27 PST 2010

Do we have established dates of the changes in Musicraft label formats?
Having looked at a number of early Musicraft albums in multiple
pressings, such as the Carl Sandburg with three different covers and
three different label formats, and the Lead Belly with two,  I really
need the date of the changovers.  The trashed Duffy set on this eGay is
the dark blue, but the earlier one is a light blue border and gray
center, while the obvious later ones are the maroon with a smaller
f-hole logo turned into the M in usicraft.  When were the changeovers?
And has anyone seen the ultra-rare Night Life In New York series with
labels other than dark blue border and light yellow center?  I'm
wondering if the dark blue on those might indicate when they might have
changed the regular label format to dark blue.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com