[78-L] Total Recall

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 23 14:05:44 PST 2010

I've had the Bluebird Billy Holiday disc several times..not scarce at all.
Victor probably put out Helen's version when moving Shaw onto the higher priced
label. They were probably glad to get rid of the guy when he moved over to
Musicraft in 1946 because there are a lot of unissued Victor sides, including
an album of mostly Gershwin tunes..numbers scheduled, issued only on AFRS of
all places.

And Victor screamed bloody murder when Shaw recut Begin the Beguine and
Musicraft had to replace that side. I believe the album containing it IS rare.
On the other hand, I have it and so does a disc jockey in Edmonton.

dl