[78-L] Billy Murray Gennetts

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 13:30:40 PST 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if Murray DID make more records for Gennett as he cut records for
other companies.I had "I'm Looking Over(a Four Leaf Clover)" by Goldkette which appeared
on JOKER.It was a multiboxed set of the recordings of Bix Beiderbecke I had some twenty
five years ago.I know I had numerous other 78s in my collection of Irving Kaufmann,Murray
and God knows who else.Murray retired from singing in 1941.He made the claim that he
used perfect diction on his recordings.