[78-L] Olde-timers^a&p

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 13:30:26 PST 2010

Some political views may on the surface appear more worthy than others
but if they are based on false premises they are just as dangerous as
the outright self-aggrandisement ones. - Julian

Agreed, without doubt, it is always important not to mistake wishful thinking for reality, and I know that is not always an easy thing.

Actually, perhaps false premises might be worse, as maybe they have a better chance of having a long life than those who are aggrandized, limited as they are by the human lifespan.

As for Robeson, I see his mistakes as being of a kind many of us make, making poor compromises in situations in which there really are no 'good' choices. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' comes to mind.

Gene