[78-L] Jukin' (Ski Jump)

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 09:52:55 PST 2010

Kristjan Saag wrote:
> Winter Olympics time - which reminds me of a tune recorded by Woody
> Herman & His Orchestra in 1940: "Jukin' (Ski Jump)".
> What on earth does the title refer to?
> Juking is a way of dancing, but hardly practiced where Herman played.
> Something to do with a juke joint?
> And where does the ski jump come in? The slow falling through the air
> of a ski jumper doesn't exactly correspond to the fast beat of the
> song.
> Anyone knows?
> Kristjan
 xFrom "Tell Your Story" by Eric Townley, Storyville 1976:
"Driving to a roadside bar with a girl and stopping to drink and dance,
generally to music from a juke box..., leaving and going to another bar,
and continuing in the same manner throughout the evening,"

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4799 (20100123) __________

http://www.eset.com