[78-L] Olde-timers

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Jan 22 18:18:33 PST 2010

dl opined:

> And he wasn't an embarrassment in his later years, unlike Sophie or
> Maurice
> (suffering through those creaky old crocks on the Ed Sullivan Show is
> still
> enough to cause me to avoid any of their later output). Nobody pointed a
> gun at
> his head and forced him to record Hello Dolly.

I can remember seeing Sophie Tucker on Ed Sullivan when I was about eight or
nine...I was totally amazed and enjoyed it very much...and that first
impression later got me interested in her old records when I started
collecting at age 12.

The first I recall of Chevalier was seeing the movie Can-Can when I was
about seven or eight...same thing.  I thought he was great and I still
collect his stuff along with Sophie's!

Taylor