[78-L] Louis Armstrong

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 22 14:15:40 PST 2010

And he wasn't an embarrassment in his later years, unlike Sophie or Maurice
(suffering through those creaky old crocks on the Ed Sullivan Show is still
enough to cause me to avoid any of their later output). Nobody pointed a gun at
his head and forced him to record Hello Dolly.

By the way, speaking of old crocks, did anyone catch Carole King and James
Taylor on Letterman the other night? They're about to go out on a 40th
anniversary tour. She looks like a senior Hadassah organizer and sounds the
same as ever (which means she still sounds like a seagull). He looks like
somebody standing in line for his free turkey and is down to one note, which he
can't locate.

dl