[78-L] Advent of Electrical Recording

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:56:56 PST 2010

I have a feeling that early on, that was often done, the acoustic horn and
sound box apparatus removed from the lathe, replaced with the electrical
cutting head, as many early Victor electricals look like they were done on
the same machines (even down to playing at about the same speed.

On a slight tangent, I wonder what the first record is, to have a spiral or
spirals between the selections on it?  I'm guessing it's a Victor from the
late teens or early 1920s, probably one of the records with several short
songs on each side, made for children....