[78-L] Advent of Electrical Recording

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 22 11:34:44 PST 2010

Non-electrical lathes were probably in use longer than you'd expect. English
Columbia preferred them right through the 40s, I believe, probably because of
unreliable power. I've heard that Decca's field recordings couldn't run longer
than 3 minutes because that was the limit on their portable units.

dl