[78-L] Upcoming shows on PBS for Pledge Drives in March^

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Fri Jan 22 01:24:50 PST 2010

--
--
What you're talking about is Broadway, which
a) isn't "the New York theatre scene"

Good plays are being written and produced in the US as elsewhere and you
don't have to pay a fortune to see them. But you may have to go off-Broadway
or off-off Broadway to find them. The same in London where you may ruin
yourself on big scale musicals or see first class productions of European or
American plays for 10 pounds, even in the West End. That's how it always has
been, or at least the past 30 years during which I've been working as a
theatre critic.
Kristjan