[78-L] Baldwin label for sale

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Jan 21 16:07:53 PST 2010

In nearly 6 years of collecting 78 label images, I had never found a 1920s Baldwin.
I knew the label existed, since it is present in ARLIE (in 2 color variants), just as is the
even rarer Chautauqua label.
And Max Vreede mentioned both labels in Storyville 89 (1980, p.183) in his article on the Puritan label.
But the latter label is so rare that it was misspelled 'Chatauqua'.

Both were "store"labels, produced by Paramount-connected BD&M, like Puritan & Broadway
(both also produced by NYRL) and Triangle, Hudson, Mitchell, National (from NCC), Pennington, Resona,
Ross Stores, etc.
And now you can see one on ebay, # 390145412579.
I am interested in info about releases on these rare labels, often taken from Paramount.
If you have items on these labels or can supply scans, please contact me off-list.

Han Enderman