[78-L] Par-O-Ket

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Thu Jan 21 07:40:26 PST 2010

I have checked what I own in terms of Nauck catalogs and haven't seen a 500 series there.  Never seen a 500 series either although Ty's discography lists a few and Sutton's book mentions this series existed as well.  None of the Talking Machine World listings I've seen lists the 500 series.  The last listing in December 1917 goes up to 125.
If people go look - one of the Nauck catalogs lists a 9000 catalog number.  This is a misprint.  It should be 90.
Also, Paroquette advertised a couple times that they were going to be making a 10" record.  I think the first time is in March 1917, 9 months before their last listing in Talking Machine World and over a year before their assets were sold after bankruptcy.  The last time I see anything about a 10" record is from Sept 1917 when they say "A great list of 10" records ready for delivery Nov. 1st"  None that I know have been found.  Anyone know of any?  I wonder what catalog numbers they would be, if they existed?
Lastly, Paroquette also produced and sold an attachment for playing vertical cut records on a lateral machine.  If anyone has one of these I'd be interested in pictures or, even better, if one was for sale.

Thanks,
Glenn