[78-L] Mel Henke on Tempo Records (was Brother Bones)

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 09:24:13 PST 2010

Han Enderman wrote:
> Label image of Tempo TR 442-A I Surrender Dear gives as personnel:
> The Ultra-Modern Piano of
> MEL HENKE
> Milt Holland - Bongos
> Mike Rubin - Bass.
>
> Tempo 466 (!) is only by
> The Ultra-Modern Piano of
> MEL HENKE
> with titles Pennies From Heaven / Cocky Cuckoo Clock (A Mel Henke Original).
>
> Is this Henke piano an electronic piano or is it Henke's modern style?
> Bruyninckx gives same incorrect info as Lord, and is an expansion of Jepsen
> who also spells "Cooky...".
>
> Han Enderman
I don't have 466, but "Frenzied Flight" starts off as if it is speeded
up (or a "jangle" sound), but settles down to a normal piano sound.

So it looks like there are no more than four titles with the larger group.

       Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4786 (20100119) __________

http://www.eset.com