[78-L] Mel Henke on Tempo Records (was Brother Bones)

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 03:53:29 PST 2010

Does anyone have these sessions? Are they in the Reginald Foresythe or
Alec Wilder mould? Some years ago I purchased a Tempo LP which I
mistakenly believed contained these titles, but they turned out to be
more recent material of Henke as a soloist.

Mel Henke And His Orchestra:
Jimmy Briggs (fl) Gordon Schoenberg (oboe,fhr) Mel Henke (p) Pete
DiMaggio (b) Billy Marcus (d)
Los Angeles, 1948
UR153438    I surrender dear    Tempo 442
UR153439    Dance of the cave men         -
UR153440    Shock treatment          444
UR153441    I can't believe that you're in love with me         -

Los Angeles, 1949
UR143728    Pennies from Heaven    Tempo 446
UR143729    Cooky cuckoo clock         -
UR143730    Frenzied flight          468
UR143731    In a little Spanish town         -

Lord 10.0 lists the full group for both sessions, but I have 468, which
is only by piano, bass & drums.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4785 (20100119) __________

http://www.eset.com