[78-L] Bantering about bidding.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 01:53:24 PST 2010

jack palmer wrote:
     I've been watching this discussion on sniping or high bidding.  I
have bought many records off oboy and have never sniped.  First I don't
have the time to wait until the last minute to bid, although I
understand you can do it automatically now.  If you know how - I don't.
  Like Taylor I bid what I feel I can afford and then wait to hear from
the seller.  9 times out of 10 I have won the record and usually for
much less than my high bid.  In fact many times I win with the minimum
bid.  I don't buy many records any more but I have won everyone I bid on
the last year.  One tip though.  I seldom make my bid before the last day.
     As for the step bidders.   I think that often they are a bidder who
bid a high amount and others are bidding forcing an automatic raise in
his bid.  I am oftern shown as bidding half a dozen times but it is all
due to the high bid I placed originally.    Jack
I have a rule-of-thumb which is that I don't bid on a record if it has
already received a bid, unless it's a must-have item.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4784 (20100118) __________

http://www.eset.com