[78-L] When 78s "convey" with a house

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jan 18 22:10:37 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Believe me, the records will follow. I think maybe we'll look at an
> abandoned
> bowling alley.

Is not to laugh...?! The building used for all the Federal Government
offices
for Oshawa & District was originally built as a bowling alley...!

Based on my experience, I would recommend your finding the oldest
possible house...?! My house here in Oshawa was probably built in
1869...it's an odd mix of "balloon framing" and "post & beam," in
which all the studs are mortised into the sills (which are c. 10" pine
logs, sawed flat on two sides but with bark remaining on the un-sawed
sides...!). The upshot is that I have 56,600 78's in here, with about
half kept on the first and second floors; there has been NO noticeable
effect from the added weight!

Steven C. Barr