[78-L] Bantering about bidding.

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 18 16:18:52 PST 2010

Taylor Bowie wrote:

>> Snipe or be sniped. Eat or be eaten.
>>
>> dl
>

> How about "Bid high or lose?"  That pretty well trumps the sniper or the
> carnivore.

The thing about sniping is that it frees you from having to be there at the
actual closing time and risk not being able to connect in time, although on
very rare occasions I've had snipe bids that didn't get recorded. I've also had
the winning bid but been shut out once in a while by sellers who exclude non-US
bidders, even though I've been an eBay member for 9 years and have always used
a US address. And you bid whatever you're comfortable paying..also your bid
isn't disclosed until it's entered, although I've stayed away from eBay for so
long I don't know if people can keep their bids secret without sniping.

> I notice that I've left over 8,000 separate feedbacks on eBay since 1999.
> I'd imagine some  6,500 of those are for records I've  bought.
>
> If anyone has tried to "eat me" I haven't noticed!
>
> Taylor

Yeah, you'd have noticed that. Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear
eats you.