[78-L] new shipping charge policy with uKnow who

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 18 07:53:06 PST 2010

On 1/17/2010 9:13 PM, Malcolm Rockwell wrote:
> After having heard eBay was not allowing shipping charges to be
> delineated anymore I bought 3 items today (one of which was an "X" label
> 45 with 4 Dixieland Jug Blowers sides on it. Zow!). The postage seemed
> steep - an additive amount for each item - but I thought "Wot the hell"
> and paid it.
> I just now got an unasked for refund on the postage difference from the
> dealer and am very pleased to find at least one truly honorable person
> already.
> It'd be nice if this became a trend, but, being realistic, I'm not
> holding my breath.
> But this is very heartening.
> Mal

The Ebay tools like Turbo Lister (which is free) have the postage
functions pretty well set up these days, and connect with PayPal to
enable you to do shipping and labels on line.  Turbo Lister also
includes provision for combined shipping.  I haven't been doing much
Ebay selling lately, but I find that the software definitely makes it
easier.

As to the X 45, that's a nostalgic favorite around here, my introduction
to the Jug Blowers 50 years ago or so.  Back in that dim past, when Jean
Shepard had his radio show from New York, Jug Blowers clips from what
must have been that 45 turned up occasionally for atmosphere.  Have
Shepard's shows been issued on CD, I wonder?  He was a wonderful
practitioner of oral narrative, for sure.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine
dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com