[78-L] AIR RAID, was Re: Bessie Smith Album

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 17 19:55:45 PST 2010

Okay, gang..C-4 isn't listed in the October 1940 catalog, but it IS listed in
the "First Revised Edition", February 1940. And C-5 ISN'T listed..it goes from
C-4 to C-6. And get this..the numbers of the original issue of Air Raid are
50382-D--S-50385-D. Selling price $4.00..so much for "deluxe". Their
Shakespeare albums were going for a buck and a half a disc. Obviously the
signed version of C-5 was the deluxe version. So how do I happen to have a copy
of Disc 1 with a pre-CBS gold "full range" label on 69353-D? When did that
sneak out?

This catalog lists all the titles in each album if anyone needs them (C-1/3 and
C-9, the others being Shakespeare and Air Raid).

dl