[78-L] thanks for suggestions on playing vitrolac records^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 17 16:25:10 PST 2010

Julian Vein wrote:
> David Lennick wrote:
>> I wonder if this was one of the gelatin-coated glass discs which was used in
>> The Netherlands..those CAN'T be cleaned without dissolving the coating.
>>
>> dl
> So, no Dutch Treat meant?
>
>       Julian Vein

Especially Old Dutch. (We used to wash LPs with Ivory Soap and rinse 'em and
dry 'em with paper towels at CKFM..they cleaned up beautifully! This was mostly
to remove the Lektrostat people poured all over them when they got crackly.
Then they'd play them with the Lektrostat pad atop the tone arm, to get down
into the groove. Sounded fine. Styli were easier to replace than out of print
records.)