[78-L] Here's a suggestion

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Jan 16 21:39:56 PST 2010

>> What an odd statement.  Dare I say that Steve has a different perspective
>> on
>> the cost of records and shipping than do many collectors?

>>Taylor

> No...I'm trying to live on a VERY minimal pension...which allows for the
> purchase of a very few 78's...but NOT for the 21st-century postage costs
> to get them up here to Oshawam Ont'o., Canada...?!

> Steven C. Barr

That's exactly my point,  Steve.  You are  somehow extrapolating that
because you are on a tight budget and can't afford postage that somehow this
indicates the immediate Decline and Fall of Record Collecting.  Not so.

I won't be buying an iPhone any time soon,  but I wouldn't say that the
industry is going to exactly collapse without me!    If I go out in the rain
without an umbrella,  I don't assume that everyone else is going to get wet,
too.

BTW I am sure you have duplicates and other surplus records which you could
sell and/or trade to other collectors,  with little or no cash outlay on
your part.  I know a couple of collectors who do just that,  and turn up
interesting things all the time.

Taylor