[78-L] Columbia sets (was: Bessie Smith album)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 16 09:46:38 PST 2010

I wonder if the autographed edition was C-4 but not numbered as such? I don't
have it and my notes with the transfer might have said C-5 because that was the
only number I found, checking in catalogs at the time.

Re my note about dates..is it possible that it was originally broadcast in
February, with Orson Welles, and rebroadcast without him (busy with Mercury
Theater stuff by then) in October and issued from the later version? And as
noted, even without intros and extros and music, it's still over thirty minutes.

dl