[78-L] dewarping 78s

marc van Bemmel marcvanbemmel at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 00:14:14 PST 2010

Hi,

I am new to this group and have been reading along the messages for some weeks. I am a collector of (classical) 78s from the Netherlands.

I just saw the message on dewarping CDs. I would like your opinion on a safe method of dewarping 78s. I have a few that are so highly warped that they are unplayable. I was thinking of laying the 78 on a glass plate inside our oven, which can be put at 50 degrees Celsius. Maybe I can install a temperature measurement inside the oven, to check if it doesn't become too hot. What are your experiences ?

regards,

Marc van Bemmel