[78-L] Fw: Dinning Sisters & Charlie Monroe

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 11:03:39 PST 2010

Charlie Monroe was one of the Monroe Brothers. Usually listed under Bill
Monroe in Kinkle.
The three brothers including Charlie started professionally in  the late
20's.
On the radio in 30's including National Barn Dance from Chicago.
No further mention of Charles as an individual performer in this book..
However, the Monroe Brothers recorded eighteen sides for Bluebird. The first
Bb 6762
and the last BB 7508. Apparently there exists a Camden LP CAL-774 of the
Monroe Brothers.

Al Simmons