[78-L] Dinning Sisters & Charlie Monroe

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 10:49:14 PST 2010

There was Ginger, Lou and Jean Dinning.
Popular in the late 40's and 50's. Exclusive Capital artists.
You have their very first date on Capital 389.
They were regulars on the National Barn Dance radio show in the early 40's.
Then numerous shows on Chicago radio 1943-5. Appeared in some low budget
musicals
.Lou Dinning recorded some on her own. By mid 50's the careers waned.
In all about 22 sides for Capital. One 12" for VD 905.
Lou Dinning made 9 sides as a solo act..

Al Simmons