[78-L] Unfortunate!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jan 12 15:28:05 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Knowlton" <udmacon1 at hotmail.com>
> "Fortunately for almost ALL of us, 1954 and "Sh-Boom" suddenly brought in
> a whole NEW musical style...!
> Count me as one of the small REST of us who didn't regard the change as
> "fortunate..." <g>

That assumes, then, that you actually LIKED hits like "This Old House," "Oh
Mein Papa" and
the rest of the (dubiously) "music" that was what one HAD to hear on radio
in that era! I grew
up with that...I didn't like it then, and I doubt if I would even these
days.

I had a cousin who was two or three years older than myself...I recall she
used to have
her friends over, most of whom brought their favourite records...and the
result was a
near-endless series of "slow dances"...?!

Steven C. Barr