[78-L] Guardsman 1152...?!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jan 12 15:10:16 PST 2010

Quick question for someone who owns ADBD...!

I'm going through a box of semi-sorted 78's...Grey Gull through low-#
Harmonys, including a dozen or so UK "Guardsman" discs. I'm looking
at Guardsman 1152; both sides credited to "The New Jersey Dance
Orchestra." It looks as though the control "matrices" were stamped
over other...probably US(?) matrix numbers. The two sides are
"My Lady Of the Lamp" and "Pucker Up and Whistle." Did Brian
include these in ADBD; if so, who is/are the band(s), and what was
the issuing label (and #)?!

Steven C. Barr