[78-L] Master Bieling

Craig Ventresco craigventresco at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:16:26 PST 2010

It was indeed John Bieling, but he was all grown up and singing on Haydn
Quartette records when this was issued. Victor took advantage of his high
tenor for that particular recording, I suppose.
There was a Byron G. Harlan record called "I've Got My Fingers Crossed, You
Can't Touch Me" that was advertised as featuring a chorus of childen. That
could be the earliest issued record featuring child singers (Columbia
version features the children's chorus. Not sure about the Edison , etc).
This would have been from around 1906.