[78-L] Ann Stephens

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Tue Jan 12 08:59:00 PST 2010

dl wrote:

Ann Stephens was a suicide. I don't know if we were clear about that in the
liner notes to the Flapper CD or were being gentle about it, but it was
confirmed by a couple of sources.

The flapper CD sort of leaves her fate up in the air.  Her film credits run up to "Intent to Kill", 1958, then the notes go on to say:

"And after that.....?"  Quotes one encyclopedia with "inactive since the late 50s".  Quotes another with "No new information since 1958".  Finally a souce who said she moved to the US in '59 and ".....believed that, sadly, Ann died there that winter."  There is a footnote:  "If this information is incorrect......we really would be grateful for up-to-date information."

So nothing very conclusive there.  If you google her, there is no information about her demise, (at least I couldn't find any).  Surely she was enough of a celebrity that there would be more concrete information about her.

db