[78-L] Funny Town Names^

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Mon Jan 11 13:40:38 PST 2010

Condom (the city's name) comes from 'condate' which means the meeting
of two rivers (La Baïse & La Gèle) plus 'magos' which means market.

Condate + magos -> Condom

As a kid, I spent much of my vacations near Condom, in Nogaro.

Never hear of Merlot, at the time, it was Armagnac, you should give it
a try...

BC