[78-L] towns with funny names

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 11:59:45 PST 2010

Cary Ginell wrote:
On old Route 66 (now I-15) going from Barstow to Las Vegas, there is an
exit for Zzyzyx Road, probably the last entry in any geographical
listing of street names. Turns out that was the actual intention, to get
the last entry in! It's pronounced "Zy-zicks." My kids always look
forward to seeing the sign for the road, even though it's out in the
middle of the desert. There's a stop sign and not much else.
I remember someone who advertised in "The Gramophone" classified columns
around 1956 who, to be first, started his ad with "Aaaaaarh! Aardvarks..."

       Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________

http://www.eset.com