[78-L] Mainstream radio in the '60s

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Mon Jan 11 11:19:29 PST 2010

>Kristjan Saag:
>But "Moonlight Serenade" and "Begin The Beguine" were made to last forever?
Beguine was a weak choice for your thesis. Its composer, Cole Porter, is not generally regarded as a Tin Pan Alley dreckmeister and the tune was already 5 years old when Artie Shaw insisted on recording it-
precisely because it was timeless.
Sadly, both of my grandmothers remembered "O'Clock in the Morning."
DJD
Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com