[78-L] Bessie Smith album

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jan 11 01:19:26 PST 2010

If I wake up in time (I gotta start getting to bed earlier) Leah and I
are going to R&H to look at some catalogs and magazines and I will be
looking to see the issue date.  I do think the album was sold with the
specific records and I think that George Blacker and I did figure out an
album catalog number decades ago, but it wasn't easy.  If I can't come
up with a copy to photograph myself, I NEED a color scan or photo of
it!!!  Is the photo a glued-on glossy photo?

By the way, on Friday in less than three hours, Leah and I BLEW THE
STEINWEISS LEGEND OUT OF THE WATER with some of the evidence we found at
another branch of NYPL in journals unrelated directly to records that I
bet nobody has ever thought to use.  No further hints about this stuff
-- you will have to go to ARSC in New Orleans to find out.  It helps to
know where to find things.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com