[78-L] Late 1930s ARC/Brunswick sound quality, was Acoustic/electrical recordings....

Milan P Milovanovic milanpmilovanovic4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 11:55:29 PST 2010

Speaking of Brunswick, was it daughter Columbia company or independent
label? Did Brunswick use various studios with their cutting lathes mounted
in these (Teddy Wilson combo sessions come to mind), or Columbia studios?
What was common practice these days: record company to hire studio hours, or
to record in their own?

Thanks,

Milan