[78-L] Music Survey Recording

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:31:07 PST 2010

There are a batch of airchecks by the Town Criers with Kay Kyser, Les Brown
and Tommy Dorsey (Jerry Fielding was their arranger; I'm not sure if he did
the vocal arranging as well as the orchestrations), and many of them are
quite good. The group was made up of two brothers and two sisters, all named
Polk. Vernon, Gordon and Lucy Ann all went solo later. In fact, remember the
ARA Bob Crosby of "Cement Mixer" that was part of a recent thread on record
quality? Gordon was the singer on this side.

Lucy Ann, of course, was with Les Brown for a number of years, and sang with
the Dave Pell Octet. She also made a nice album for Mode Records, arranged
by Marty Paich.

Jeff Sultanof